Thursday, February 21, 2008

A Show Not Worth Watching

As many of you can probably testify to, I don't like the all of the average girly things. I am not into drama (as in with friends, boyfriends, family), I don't like doilies and lace, I didn't play with Barbies unless it involved them having a car for me to use with my Hot Wheels, I don't like fruity drinks, I was never in love with New Kids on the Block, I don't bake cutesy desserts, and I didn't like "The Notebook." So, no one will really be surprised that I decided to watch the prime time drama"Dexter" this past Sunday night. It appeared to be different...something I look for these days when every TV show seems to revolve around the same plot of neighborhood secrets, kids into drugs, and men sleeping around on their wives. Well, it was a little too different!!!!!!

The show is based on a single guy who works forensics, analyzing blood spatter from murder scenes. I get that...hey, I like CSI. What I don't get is the gruesome way in which he himself kills serial killers and how it was encouraged by his foster dad!!! He apparently had a troublesome childhood, though even he doesn't remember. This led to killing neighborhood pets and grew into much, much more. He doesn't even seem to justify his own actions. He has no feelings and acts his way through all interactions with people, even his foster sister who knows nothing of his secret life. To put it not so eloquently, it is messed up!!! I had nightmares. I will never watch this show again and suggest you never do.

1 comment:

Dugataki said...

Soooo, what you're saying is that you didn't like it? :)

Oh, did D tell you I had another dream about you having a baby?